The following examples are indicative
of Matecumbe’s investment philosophy. Each project has a unique quality which identified
it as an opportunity. Information pertaining to each project’s business plan and property
contacts are found on each page. Visit our Case Studies page.
- The International Building, Ft. Lauderdale, FL. This 13-story office building containing 161,000 sq ft was purchased in September 2003 for $19,750,000 and sold in June 2006. The acquisition was financed with a securitized loan originated by Deutsche Bank.
- 4400 PGA Blvd, Palm Beach Gardens. This 83,000, 10-story high rise office building was purchased in 2007 and financed with a fixed-rate loan provided by Merrill Lynch Capital.
- RAND Portfolio, Davie FL. This 180,000 portfolio of industrial and flex properties was purchased in 2008 and financed with a loan from First Nationwide Insurance Co.
- Miramar Commerce Park, Miramar, FL. 270,000 sq ft warehouse and flex project purchased in June 2005 for $20,250,000 and sold in December 2006 for $27,000,000. Financing by GMAC and Nationwide.
- Plantation Technology Park, Plantation, FLThese 2 multi-tenant technology buildings were purchased in 2008 and financed with a loan from First Nationwide.
- Citrus Medical Center, Vero Beach, FL. This 25,000 sq ft medical office building purchased in 2005 and sold in 2006. Financing was by City National Bank.
- AmTrust Bank Plaza, Plantation, FL. This five-story office building containing 80,000 sq ft. was purchased in November 2000 and sold in August 2003. The purchase price was $7,900,000, and the sale price was $10,670,000. The acquisition was financed with a securitized loan originated by JP Morgan.
- Airport Executive Tower I and Airport Executive Tower II, Miami, FL. Two office buildings totaling 165,000 sf, were 81% occupied at acquisition and through aggressive management and leasing where 97% when sold. Acquired for $11,850,000 and sold for $17,150,000. This acquisition was financed by GE Capital.
- Vista Center, West Palm Beach, FL. This 78,000 sq ft office/warehouse property (plus land for an additional 75,000 sq. ft.) was purchased in 2000 and sold in 2002. It was 87% occupied at acquisition and 100% occupied when sold. This acquisition was financed by BankAtlantic.
- Tri-Com Executive Center, Deerfield Beach, FL. This 50,000 sq ft. office building was acquired in January 2003 for $3,600,000 and sold in June 2004 for $4,850,000. This acquisition was financed through the assumption of a securitized loan that was originated and serviced by GMAC.
- The 150 Building, Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Purchased in 1997 and sold in 2000. This four-story office building is located in the Ft Lauderdale central business district. This acquisition was financed by the seller (Bacardi Foundation).
- Casablanca Isles Apartments, Boynton Beach Florida. 203 unit apartment complex was purchased in December of 2004, and by June of 2005 the entire complex had been sold and closed resulting in an extraordinary return on the principals’ investment. Financing was provided by Merrill Lynch Capital (senior note) and Lehman (mezz). (condo conversion)
- Boynton Landings Apartments, Boynton Beach, Florida. This 197 unit apartment complex was purchased in January of 2004 and by May of 2004 all debt and investor’s equity had been repaid from sale closings. (condo conversion)
- Radisson Hotel – Cincinnati. An 18-story, 236 room Radisson Hotel located in Covington, KY (greater Cincinnati, OH area). Purchased all-cash.
- Jasmine Court Apartments, Fort Lauderdale, Fl. This 2-building garden apartment complex was purchased and renovated in 2005. Financing was provided by City National Bank.
- Apollo Beach Land. This 110 acre parcel of vacant land is being platted and improved with infrastructure suitable to allow the eventual sale of sections to multi-family builders. All cash transaction.